Wednesday, June 1, 2011

YWAM Update

I am currently less than a month out from jetting off to Colorado to begin my DTS. CRAZY! Yesterday I talked to Jonah, one of the leaders of my DTS. He and his wife will be leading me and 9 others who are doing ATWDTS. During the first 10 weeks in Denver, we will be having lecture with the Compassion DTS and spending time with them. After that, the ATWDTS will take off for the outreach phase and put into practice our learning and training!

Jonah informed me that our probable destinations for the outreach phase include:

Mexico
Hong Kong/China
Jordan
Thailand
Holland

I was really hoping that there would be an African country in the mix somewhere, but I know that when the time is right God will send me there. For now, I'm just excited to see what awaits me in all these countries. I did get a little spoiler alert for our time in Thailand. We will be camped out right along the Burmese border and helping Burmese refugees who have fled to the safety of Thailand to get on their feet, ministering to their physical needs and of course sharing the gospel with them! I can't even imagine what it will be like, but I have no doubt that it will deeply impact my life, and hopefully the lives of those we encounter. Please be praying for the hearts of all the people that my team and I will interact with, that their hearts would be open to hear and receive the gospel. Let's pray for transformed lives for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment