Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sing for All He's Done!

The other night I was listening to this song in my car while I was driving home from Starbucks (where else would I be?), and as I was praying and worshipping, the lyrics of the chorus really penetrated my heart.

Chorus:
This is love
Jesus came and died and gave his life for us
Let our voices rise and sing for all He's done
Our fear is overcome
Our God is love
Our God is love


Jesus came and died for us. He gave his life to overcome the grave, so that we might also overcome it. Now we are driven to praise him and sing for all he's done. And he has done so much. Let's of course realize the weight of God's sacrifice of his son, and that we are saved from death. Then let us begin to count the blessings that God rains down on us, that we so often take for granted. Wow. We are so undeserving. Jesus already died for us, and if he never did anything else for us during our time on earth, his death would still be enough. More than enough. More than you or I deserve.

This definitely challenges my attitude of entitlement, and shows me that I have sooo incredibly much to be thankful for. I pray that God would fill my heart with such gratitude for all he has done for me that there would be no room for that sense of entitlement and ungraciousness.

I know that this is not really that profound, but it did strike my heart profoundly, and really that's what matters--how God is speaking to me and moving in my heart. Praise God that he wants to speak to us and move in our hearts! Sing for all he's done!



"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers."  
(1 John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment