Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Life in New Zealand


Today marks exactly 2 months of being a New Zealand resident! I have really been enjoying living here. I can hardly complain. We live in a beautiful coastal town called Mangawhai Heads (also known as "Magical Mangawhai") on the North Island. We are blessed to be in the downstairs flat of Heath's mom's house, which is completely furnished and very nice. God has provided for us way beyond what most newlywed couples could hope in a situation like ours. We are very thankful!

I am currently here on a visitor's visa, so I am not allowed to work yet. I will soon be in the process of sending in my application for a work visa, because I am now eligible to do so! Not being able to work has meant a very extended vacation for me, and it has been a much needed period of rest after quite a difficult season of life for me during the second half of 2012. It's amazing how God knows what we need and when and is gracious enough to bless us with rest and relaxation to help us recharge and re-center ourselves.

While I will be looking for a job once I have my work visa, I have also just embarked on a small business venture. I'm currently testing the waters, I suppose you could say. My hope is to make some money on the side doing lettering--namely addressing wedding and party invites, and then branching out into a couple other avenues if it proves to be successful and have enough of a market. I am really excited about this, as it is something that I love doing, so I'm praying that it will work out.

As for Heath, he started a new job about three weeks ago for a travel agency called Flight Centre. This week is his last week of training and then he will be certified as a travel consultant, selling flights, accommodations, and trip packages to customers who come into the store. He is working in Whangarei, which is about 45 minutes drive from Mangawhai, which means he has a bit of a commute every day. It's a lot of information for him to learn and take in, but he is confident that it will be a job he enjoys once he becomes more familiarized with things! It has been a great blessing and answer to prayer for Heath to land this job.

We are happy as clams here in New Zealand and as a married couple! We have been married almost 3 months now, and I am loving every minute of it. Hopefully Heath is too, hehe. That's all for now! Love and blessings to all our friends and family :)












No comments:

Post a Comment