Monday, February 7, 2011

Refine me, Lord, through the flames

Lately, I feel like I have been wrestling with God about some things in my life that I am struggling to surrender completely to him. In my prayers, I can argue in circles and try to convince myself (and God) that it really isn't necessary for me to let go of this or that. But in the moments when I cease my monologue and allow God to whisper to my heart, he always asks me what I ultimately want more: this thing, relationship, opportunity, etc. OR to endure the trial and suffering of letting go and having my faith refined through that flame.

Do I ultimately desire the faith that's proved of more worth than gold? YES....But then I must live this out every single day, knowing that my refined faith brings me closer and closer to my beloved Father in heaven. This is me choosing God over my own selfish desires. This is me choosing to trust God's promises to prosper me and not harm me, to give me a hope and a future; and to work all things together for my good (Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 8:28). Refine me, Lord, through the flames.

"So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a short while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fires tests and purifies gold-- though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world."                   (1 Peter 1:6-7)





The Desert Song Lyrics

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames


And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

No comments:

Post a Comment